Friday, March 31, 2017

Day 1 of Filming

   Hey, Welcome back!!
 Tonight at around 7:30ish we started the filming process. One of my group members, Laerke, couldn't make it because she was at work, but Jessi and I started filming anyways. We had set up the lights and it took us like at least 30 minutes to get the red light just perfect. After we set up it all up, we began filming.
  The filming process while being the actress is one of the most difficult things. After every shot, we had to go back, review it, and move on. Also, I'd like to say I'm a silly person so there was a lot of scenes in where I'd giggle. I was taking myself too seriously. In my head, I said to myself "I probably look really stupid right now". At first I would be really hard on myself when I couldn't stop laughing. I felt like Jess wanted to kill me because she just wanted to get it done. But in reality she wasn't thinking that at all. I learned at the end, that I really can't be so hard on myself.
   Anyways, it took a while to film and after, Jessica and I were incredibly exhausted. I don't know why I was so tired after that if it was only like 3 hours of filming. We made a lot of good progress even though it was just the two of us. We got the whole outside (red world) scene just tonight.

This scene basically is where the protagonist, Violet, comes home from school and goes to the backyard to relax a little bit. When Violet drops all of her stuff on the counter, she sees that there are some newspapers on the counter. Violet picks one up reads it and discards it, then she sees one that catches her eye. (Aka the one one the left). Violet gets angry because the government is taking away a right that is so important for humans. She crumples the newspaper and storms off.




In the film opening, this scene is probably going to last like 30 seconds or maybe even less. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but for a 2 minute video it is quite a lot. We made a lot of great progress today.
Tune tomorrow night to see Day 2 of filming!
Isa.

No comments:

Post a Comment