Monday, March 13, 2017

I'm the Actress!?


   In class today, my group and I had a productive day. We had a lot of great discussion about what the plot is going to be, who is going to be our actress, and what our title is going to be. So for the plot it is a girl who can travel between universes that are totally different. The universes consist of: having news/media that is truthful and everyone in the society is resentful and angry and the other universe has a society that is completely isolated from the true news and what is going on in the world but are very happy and content. This girl can travel through these universes and is conflicted on which one to stay or what she wants. In addition to that, a select group of scientist, who know about what is going on with her ability, are out to find her. 
  We also discussed who was going to be the actress today. For a while now, I wanted to see how acting in a film for class may be like. I told my group members that in the beginning of the project, and we decided today, that it would be best if I was the actress. This is a great idea for many reasons. For example, last project that we had other people be the actors in, it was quite difficult to really organize everyone to meet up. This portfolio project is worth too much of our grade for us to be dependent on other people to have time to film with us. Another factor is that we don't have to communicate our ideas to an outside person, we could just have what we want clear to each other and I could execute it just how we pictured it. I feel like I could execute the acting for this well and really embody this character well. I'm excited to act our film opening because I will be expanding my horizons and doing something completely different. I'm used to being behind the camera, I wonder what I'll be like in front of it.
   Lastly, today we discussed what our title is going to be. It's quite funny because I asked the group what it was going to be and Jessi immediately said what she was thinking and we all agreed. We agreed on the title "Spectrum". The title goes perfectly with our idea about color psychology and having each universe have a color under tune that means something. We're using colors that are on opposite sides of the color spectrum, red and blue, which each mean something different. Red means anger, resentment, and/or violence. Blue means sadness and/or coldness. Also, this is just an idea and it will have further thought and maybe will be changed but, we wanted to end the film with her finding a world that has all of the color spectrum which all represent different feelings and that she find a perfect balance in society that has a balance of isolation yet informed and happy. I feel like "Spectrum" is perfect and it conveys our message well.
 A lot of great progress has been made. Tune in next time to see even more progress. 
See you next time, 
Isa.

No comments:

Post a Comment