Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Group Meetings

   Today in class, my class took part in group meetings. The group meetings consisted of 6-8 of my peers discussing our progress in our portfolio project. It was interesting to hear other people's opinions on my group's project. Most people thought our idea for the film opening is interesting and I got a lot of great feedback.
  Someone suggested to watch an episode of Black Mirror that sort of has something to do with our idea. I have already watched this episode but not with my media studies thinking cap on. I will be conducting a small case study on this episode.
  Most people suggested to develop the plot more, which is something I agree with. More specifically, people had a lot of questions about how we are going to portray the transitioning between the two worlds. What my peers suggested is to have the universes be completely in different settings to demonstrate the two worlds being opposite. I think this is a great suggestion and I will take it into account when further planning our opening.
   Jessi, one of my group member, had someone suggest in her group to instead of focusing on fake v real news, to focus on have a universe of loneliness, where the people in the world can't speak, and one of communication, like our world now. I think this is a great idea and would be a little easier to convey than fake or real news.
  Overall, the feedback was great and i enjoyed speaking to people about my project. I"m excited to meet back with my peers again for another group meeting.
See you at the next stop in the journey,
Isa

No comments:

Post a Comment