Friday, April 7, 2017

Struggles at the End of the Road.

  Yesterday, we recorded a sound insert of people arguing and also filmed a credit scene. We were all very happy with our project at that point. In class today, I planned on choosing the background music for the film opening but that didn't quite work out. The internet wasn't working and we focused on editing some minor flaws. Once we finished with that, we showed one of our fellow classmates, Natalie. Natalie brought something to our attention that really set us back tremendously. Natalie thought that the newspaper article didn't really convey the tone of isolation in the blue word and she said that the news articles are too similar to distinguish. This was a worry I had since I made the newspaper article. I became extremely frustrated because the defeats the whole point of our project. We asked Mrs. Stoklosa for guidance and she suggested to do a voice over to help convey that sense of isolation. We had thought before we summoned our teacher about re shooting the scene with a new newspaper article which would take us more time which we don't really have. I like the idea of the voiceover but I just worry that it will come off as cheesy. Figuring out what to say will also be a challenge. This has been on my mind ever since I got out of class and I have tremendous anxiety about this. I suggested that we do like one sentence that would leave the viewer asking questions. For example, when Violet is in the red world the voice over can say "they want us to be angry. they want chaos." and when Violet is in the blue world the voice over can be " They want to separate us." Jess didn't really like that idea but I honestly can't think of anything more. I'm very frustrated. Wish me luck.
Tune in for the final draft this week...
Isa

No comments:

Post a Comment