Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Let's talk about Acting

Hello!
  So today, I will be talking about the most difficult part for me in this project: acting in my own film.
Acting in my own film has been sort of difficult. Obviously, this project isn't only mine; it is also my friends and group members, Jessi and Laerke's project too.
  There are pros of acting in your own film. Some pros are: having the perfect vision of what you want your character to be like, executing that vision just how the group is picturing, and probably most importantly, not relying on other to be available. On my group's past projects, relying on others to be free is one of the most difficult parts of having outsiders act in the films. Only organizing with 3 people is much much easier than organizing 4-5. Also, being able to execute what my group wants without having to explain to an outsider is so much better. I know my group's vision and envisioning that helps to better to be efficient with time.
  As there are pros, there are also cons. Some cons are: constant giggles, and slacking. I don't know about the other groups in my class, but I know that I am friends with my group and we all work together whether it is on a project or just as friends. The lines sometimes gets crossed and giggles and slacking is something that happens quite often. I've caught myself and my other group members talking about things that are not related to the project which effects our productivity.
  These are just some "me" things that I struggled with during the filming process. For example, I struggled with not getting in character and being self conscious. I struggled a lot with being self conscious because I was thinking how stupid I looked and questioning every single little thing that I did. This especially effected me the first day of filming since I had never acted in anything before. Jess gave me a pep talk and she helped with the issue, but I was still very much in my head about it. The second day I was able to act a little better but towards the end of filming I was getting really giggly and couldn't stop laughing, I think it was because i was just tired.
 Overall, my acting was okay and I feel confident that I played Violet well.
Tune in next time,
Violet, oh sorry I mean Isa.

No comments:

Post a Comment